Welcome to St Clare’s School!
It is a pleasure for me to write these few words of welcome on behalf of the students, staff and governors.
I know that the St Clare’s team is one of the best in Derby. Everyone shares the belief that our students deserve the very best in terms of care, support and the opportunity to achieve. We know that our students are remarkable and they all have unique abilities. We are very fortunate to be working with them.
Visitors often comment on the warmth of their welcome from staff and students alike. We pride ourselves on our school values which we teach as part of our curriculum. We all share a code of behaviour which was drawn up by the students and is based on mutual respect and support.
When I asked The School Council what we did well at St Clare’s they all said: “care, support, friendship and learning”. They also said “St Clare’s is where we can reach our goals”. This is the inspiration behind our new logo.
St Clare’s has been judged as “Outstanding” by Ofsted in our last two inspections and the Local Authority also endorse this. We pride ourselves on the progress that all of our students make whilst in our care. We provide opportunities to achieve in many areas both academically and beyond. We make sure that we tailor our provision to the needs of our students.
We are thoroughly committed to safeguarding our students. We are also thoroughly committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone at St Clare’s. St Clare’s school has been an “Investor in People” for some years now and will continue to be so. A significant number of teachers are trained in coaching skills in order to support both each other and the students.
We have designed this website to help you find out about St Clare’s. We hope you find it informative and that it gives you an insight into St Clare’s and what we can offer you.
Please feel free to call and discuss your child’s needs and make an appointment to look around the school.
A Welcome From St Clare’s School Council
These are some messages from our School Council Representatives about St Clare’s
- Welcome to our new website and to a new beginning!
- At St Clare’s you’ll like the teachers, they are fantastic.
- The teachers are really nice and kind.
- The learning is interesting and you take part in lots of different activities.
- We go on good visits outside of school
- We really enjoy going on our Chinese Meal
- We don’t have bullies because the teachers sort it out
- We are a friendly school and we care for each other
- I have made new friends since I came here
- This is a really nice place where we work hard and play hard
- We respect each other and we are friendly
- It’s an amazing place
- We get to learn new things
- Everyone is really helpful especially if you have needs
- People hold the door for you
- We get rewarded for doing well