Welcome to St Clare’s School!
I am delighted to welcome you to our outstanding school for secondary aged pupils with moderate to significant learning needs.
We are a warm, caring community who are dedicated to developing our students educationally and emotionally, so they are ready to access the wider world successfully and safely. As part of the Esteem Multi Academy Trust, we benefit from being part of a specialist network of special education provisions that enable us to best serve children from across Derby City and surrounding counties.
We are situated in a peaceful part of Mickleover, Derby, with a fabulous expanse of green space in which we have two multi-use games areas, small orchard and polytunnels. Our specialist curriculum is designed to enable our remarkable students’ opportunities to develop and celebrate their remarkable talents. We aim for all our pupils to meet their goals by being ambitious and understanding that as individuals, our learning journeys may look very different.
Wellbeing is central to our work at St Clare’s and we seek to ensure that we promote healthy bodies and minds while promoting a respect for the world we live in. We have a deep sense of community and we celebrate diversity through our understanding and tolerance of the many backgrounds, lifestyles and beliefs.
We are enormously proud of our school, its students, staff and partnerships. I look forward to meeting you!
Colin Marshall, Acting Headteacher
I am sure you will understand that due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to welcome visitors at the moment. If you would like to contact the office in the meantime for any information, please telephone 01332 511757 or email email@example.com
St Clare’s Mission Statement
St Clare’s School is committed to providing learning opportunities through a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which allows all to achieve and celebrate success. We recognize that many of our students achieve through the support and care offered within our community. We believe that students achieve the most when they feel safe, secure and valued. Our core values underpin the way we behave towards each other and those in our wider community. We believe that all of our students have the potential to enhance our community with their unique skills and abilities and we aim to help them contribute to society by building these skills. We encourage students to be as independent as possible in preparation for life beyond St Clare’s.
A Welcome From St Clare’s School Council
These are some messages from our School Council Representatives about St Clare’s
- Welcome to our website and our school!
- At St Clare’s you’ll like the teachers, they are fantastic.
- The teachers are really nice and kind.
- The learning is interesting and you take part in lots of different activities.
- We go on good visits outside of school
- We really enjoy going on our Chinese Meal
- We don’t have bullies because the teachers sort it out
- We are a friendly school and we care for each other
- I have made new friends since I came here
- This is a really nice place where we work hard and play hard
- We respect each other and we are friendly
- It’s an amazing place
- We get to learn new things
- Everyone is really helpful especially if you have needs
- People hold the door for you
- We get rewarded for doing well