St Clare’s School News December 2018
Dear Parents and Carers
December at St Clare’s is always very busy as we need to have fun ☺ (as well as work very hard ). So, fun things:
• Thanks to Mrs Harris, the choir went to cheer up patients and visitors at the Royal Derby hospital by singing some of our favourite tunes.
• Mrs Hunt worked her socks off as usual prepping, choreographing, rehearsing and finally performing our Winter Production. It was fabulous and well received by all. Many thanks to everyone who took part and to Mrs Hunt for being fabulous.
• Sinfonia Viva have worked with our students on a charitable basis to produce some musical delights. This culminated in a festive production of songs this Wednesday; it was truly wonderful to see some of our less confident students flourishing. Many thanks to Sinfonia Viva for investing in our students and we hope you work continues.
• We all sported a Christmas jumper last Friday to raise money for the Padley Centre for the homeless in Derby.
• Yesterday we had our Christmas meal which everyone from St Clare’s thoroughly enjoyed. (Thanks to Mr Marshall for buying new table cloths –we looked very posh ☺ ) Thanks also to our guests for helping to make the event special.
• Mr Fox, our disco diva, aka ICT technician, got the grooves under way with our school disco yesterday afternoon and the students enjoyed it if a little vexed by some outdated dance moves by staff – c’mon staff!
• Today we are celebrating all the many and varied successes that all of our students have had this term with our achievement assembly – well done them!
We have received yet more cash donations from relatives of students – many thanks.
We have collected both cash donations and food and toiletry donations for the Padley Centre. These will be delivered by our Year 11 students later today. Thanks to M r Stafford.
We wish everyone associated with St Clare’s School, past and present, A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a prosperous New Year!
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing everyone for the Spring Term ☺
Start of Spring Term 2019 Monday 7th January
Kind Regards Megan Stratton, Head St Clare’